Tidbits: Apex Winners, Insults, Lair News and Book Guts

Bits of Tid
Just a few odds and ends to report to you, gang, so I'll just get right to it and see if I can restrain myself from extraneous banter. Hey, did I just hear you scoff? Oh well, maybe you're right, but I can at least try.

First tidbit: The winners of the Support Apex contest have been announced over at Shocklines. To take a quick cyber-hike over to see if you're one of the lucky ones: Click Here.

Two free subscriptions to Apex, 4 issues of Dark Discoveries and a copy of Jennifer Pelland's, Unwelcome Bodies were all up for grabs and donated by Apex fans to help remind folks to subscribe to Apex Science Fiction and Horror Digest. The publisher needed a little help getting the word out that new subscribers were needed to keep their fantastic magazine afloat. If you'd like to add your support and receive one of the best mags in the business, stop on over to Apex and nab yourself a subscription for the very reasonable price of just $20 for four issues. Buying subscriptions keep magazines in business, which in turn gives writers a place to sell their stories so you have something wonderful to read!

Second Tidbit: After a whole long year of messing around, I'm FINALLY going to publish my newsletter. Thanks to everyone who subscribed WAY back when I launched the website. If you haven't signed up and you'd like to, Click Here.

Obviously from my newsletter publishing track record, you're assured I won't be spamming your email account with trivial ha-ha, BUT I can guarantee we'll have some newsletter-only promotions worth signing up for.

The inaugural issue will include a random drawing from all subscribers signed-up by the launch date, May 25th. The Prize: A signed/inscribed softcover copy of Mama's Boy and Other Dark Tales. Only catch, you have to actually read the newsletter to see if your name was drawn. Not too tough, right? Subscribe Here!

Third Tidbit: I saw something over at David Niall Wilson's Macabre Ink that I wanted to be sure to share with you. When we shell out bucks to the small press often the limited editions we received are made by hand, which is the case with the books from Insidious Publications. They were the original publishers of my novella Mama's Boy, and since then they've been busy with several other titles. David interviews Chris Hedges in a fascinating photo essay on the making of a hand made book. Makes you really appreciate those little literary jewels even more. Click Here to have a look at "The Anatomy of a Book."

Tidbit Four: As you may have noticed, I'm easily entertained especially by strange things. One recent find for my personal amusement was The Alien Insult Generator. It's a random word generator but dedicated to, well...alien insults. If you stop by, you'll be treated such nuggets of nasty goodness such as, "Three eyed son of a radiation damaged toilet eating droid!" Or who could resist the "Dribbling son of a space sick nose worm." Oh yes, as I said, easily entertained. Click Here for more...I bet you get hooked too, you Bord sniffing son of a deranged space weevil! *giggles* Thank you John at Hollis.co.uk! Click Here and begin your dissent into alien insult hell!

Well that's is for the bits of tid. I hope you found something of interest. I hope to see you at the newsletter next Sunday!

Wickedly Yours,
Fran Friel

Comments

Chris Perridas said…
Fran Friel: Prose Boiler. You fiend!

“Fran Friel has a genuine gift for storytelling. Her highly adaptable prose boils over with emotion: love, guilt, fear, and the myriad shades in between"

-Chrispy
Fran Friel said…
You are as dear as they come, my friend. Thank you!

Many Hugs,
Fran "The Boiler" Friel